Friday, January 30, 2009

Akilles: No Rest for the Weary


My man Akilles links up with Phrequency.com for an unedited interview. Here's a taste.

What would you want somebody to take away from your music, either at a show or from your album?

AK: "I want them to feel like they understand me, and understand the things that frustrate me, and understand the things I take with a grain of salt and I'm happy with because I only write about things I argue about for hours with people and have discussions about. I want people to feel like they're listening to something they can't classify. I don't want people to turn it on and say “oh he's trying to sound like Jay” or “oh, that's that backpacker shit” or whatever. I really don't want to be lumped into any particular genre like that. I have a lot of lyrics on this joint, so people will call it hip hip off the top, but I'm really into songs. If people can understand the individual concepts on songs, that would be great for me. I really want people to feel it and want more."

For the rest of this interview, click here.

And Don't Forget!!
TOMORROW NIGHT
Akilles, Willpowerless, Emcee Unless, and The Bourbon Armory
Saturday, January 31
9pm @ North Star Bar


Be there, it's gonna get nutty.



Oh yeah...here's AK's new single, WAR. Check the old post also.

Download: Akilles - WAR

No comments: