Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I can make anything into a stencil.


No not me, meet Logan Hicks, the king of cutting intricate stencil. Word is spreading fast about his recently announced solo show in London. Check the video of Mr. Hicks spraying layer upon layer of handcut stencil for one of his famous city alley pieces. I can't imagine cutting that much stencil without having to rehab your hand afterwards, and this dude does it for a living, insane.


Quoted recently from Logan:

“The past 6 months I have been chained to my studio like a sweatshop worker. It has been both wonderful and grueling. Now, after this long, solitary work period, I am proud to present my solo show at The Black Rat Press gallery in London. This body of work will include about 30+ stencils pieces, as well as a new body of photography work. For those in London, information is below.”



No comments: