Sunday, June 8, 2008

95 degrees, a few thousand people, and a picnic with The Roots

Just got home from The Roots Picnic and all I can say is wow. To all my fellow sailors who jumped ship at the last minute...because it was too hot? Come on now, you guys don't even know what you missed. Aside from the uncounted technical difficulties, microphone failures, and relentless heat (which made the show one that I will never forget), the show was first class. The highlights for me being, The Roots one hour and twenty minute set, Diplo w/ Blaqstarr and Rye Rye in the tent, Gnarles Barkley, and Quest playing the tambourine for an encore with Gnarles. And to all my fellow fans who stuck it out until the end and got to see the Gnarles and Quest collabo....we shared a special moment that only about a tenth of the people who attended the picnic witnessed. O yeah, and The Roots covered this tonight and crushed it.


No comments: